Y O U R   C A R E E R   P A R T N E R
Nursing Registrations @ UK
Part one - computer-based multiple choice examination which is accessible around the world for applicants to access in their home countries.
Part two - practical objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) which will always be held in the UK.
The immigration rules changed in March 2015 to allow for an individual nurse to come to the UK to prepare for the OSCE.
The Non-EU/EEA Nurses need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before completing the online application process:
• Successful completion of a 3 years (or equivalent) undergraduate education and training program.
• With the new application process, all Non-EU/EEA nurses will be able to prepare for the competence test in their own country before relocating to the UK. Below is the new registration process applicable from October 2014:
• Complete online registration with the NMC.
• Sit for a computer-based test at the nearest global centre.
• Sit for the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) at the University of Northampton, UK.
• Present documentation to the NMC i.e. identification, university transcripts and IELTS certificates to further process the application.
The assessment for all Non-EU/EEA educated nurses will be done in the same manner against the standards for pre-registration Nursing Education.