Y O U R   C A R E E R   P A R T N E R
Migration is an expression of the human aspiration for dignity, safety and a better future. It is part of the social fabric, part of our very make-up as a human family. Multicultural societies are more harmonious and successful. Migration has the potential to reshape our world. International migration has a strong impact on the living standards of vast numbers of individuals, and on the financial stability of developing countries. This new era has created challenges and opportunities for societies throughout the world. It also has served to underscore the clear linkage between migration and development, as well as the opportunities it provides for co-development, that is, the concerted improvement of economic and social conditions at both origin and destination. We here at NWT Academy Study Abroad have helped rebuild many aspirants’ lives into success stories, working hand in hand to produce optimum results.
“Migration is a powerful driver of economic growth, dynamism and understanding. It allows millions of people to seek new opportunities, benefiting communities of origin and destination alike.”" — UN Secretary-General António Guterres
Australia is one among the top immigration destinations in the world. If offers plenty of opportunity for the new immigrants in the country, especially for the one coming on Skilled Migration visa, Study Visa, Business Visa, etc. With its most organized point based system, high wages, cultural diversity, world class cities, and high employment rate, Australia attracts and invites thousands of immigrants every year in the country.
Australian immigration eligibility criteria
Australia is known for its organized immigration system and uncomplicated immigration policies. Skilled migration and sponsored/nominated visas are the most common immigration pathways for Australia.
Let’s take a look at the key eligibility requirements based on the common work visa categories in Australia:
An applicant must:
• Be under 50 years of age (for skilled/sponsored work visas)
• Get the IELTS Certification (English Language Proficiency Test) done with appropriate score
• Get the Skill Assessment done from a recognized assessing authority
• Get the nomination/sponsoring from an Australian state or territory government, as per your visa requirement (for sponsored/nominated visas)
• Choose an occupation to apply from SOL/CSOL list of Australia
• Submit an online EOI (Expression of Interest)
• Score minimum 60 points in the point based system on your key profile factors, i.e. age, education, English proficiency, work experience, etc.
• Be in good health and of good character (provide the essential certifications confirming the same)
Australian immigration process and processing time
Australia has got the point based immigration system to allow immigrants in the country. Hence, you need to score well in the point system to become eligible for Australia immigration. The minimum points required to quality for the point based visas are 60 points. However, higher point score can increase your chances of getting selected.
The stepwise Australian immigration process is as follows:
• Get the IELTS certification done with appropriate score
• Get Skill Assessment done from a relevant assessing authority
• Choose an occupation from SOL (Skilled occupation list) /CSOL to apply
• Get sponsorship/nomination form an Australian state or territory (if applicable)
• Now submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) on Skill Select.
• If your profile is selected, you will get an invitation to apply for the visa.
• You will have 60 days to submit the application for visa.
Well, the processing time may vary based on the visa type or category you choose. The processing time usually take minimum one month to one year and even more depending on your selected visa category.
Australian immigration points system As already discussed, Australia is known for its organized point based immigration system. Once, you submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) in SkillSelect (online system to process EOIs received for visa), your profile is given a definite point score. The points are given based on the key factors of your profile, such as, Age, Education, English Language Proficiency, Work Experience, Nomination/Sponsorship from an Australian State or Territory, etc. The minimum points you need to score to quality for a particular point based visa are 60 points.
Australian immigration policy and rules for new Immigrants
Australia is secular as well as culturally diverse country. The Australian immigration policy and rules are equal for all immigrants without any discrimination and prejudice. It is based on the objective to develop the community and society of Australia keeping in mind the interest and needs of the Australian Labour Market, industries, and economy. The immigration policy and rules of Australia are subject to change time to time based on the need and requirement of country’s growth, economy, development as well as the changing environment across the world.
Various Immigration Pathways and Visa Categories
The ongoing Skill Shortage across various industries of Australia has also given the chance to many young and talented individuals to come, live, work or get settled in Australia on permanent basis. Let’s take a look at the various immigration pathways and Visa categories in Australia.
Australian Permanent Residency
Australia is one of the best countries to apply Permanent Residency (PR) Visa. It has designed various Visa categories to offer permanent residency to the selected candidates, i.e. Subclass 189 Visa, Subclass 190 Visa, etc.
To apply for most of these permanent residency visas, you need to follow a point based immigration system. The point based immigration system of Australia determines your eligibility for PR Visa based on the points you score for key selection factors, i.e. age, language proficiency, work experience, education, etc.
Key Benefits of Permanent Residency (PR) in Australia
The rights and privileges being given to a permanent resident of Australia are as follows:
• You can live and work in Australia indefinitely.
• You are allowed to leave and enter Australia frequently within the initial period of five years after that it can be renewed, if you meet the criteria.
• After spending initial years on permanent residency status, you can apply for citizenship
• Permanent residents enjoy many rights and privileges just like an Australian citizens, including access to free or subsidized legal and health services.
• You can sponsor your relatives to Australia, subject to fulfilling residence criteria and assurance of support requirements.
• Australian PR status provides you right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas
• It also provides you right to travel, live, work and study in New Zealand, after the approval of New Zealand government.
• Your children born inside Australia will be considered as Australian citizens by birth.
If you are one among the aspirants of Australian PR, let’s find out the key requirements for the same.
Australia PR Requirements
As already conveyed, Australia has got a point based immigration system. The process to get PR in Australia is a mix of online and offline activities. Let’s first explore the key Australia PR requirements
• Arrange key Documents: First of all, arrange the key documents to apply for PR in Australia. Apart from the routine travel and educational documents, you would require the two main documents, i.e.
• English language proficiency test result (IELTS) and
• Skill Assessment report by a relevant assessing authority.
• Choose Appropriate Visa: You would require choosing the right PR Visa category to apply. The most common PR visa categories are, Subclass 189 (Non-sponsored visa), Subclass 190 (State Nominated Visa), Subclass 186 (employer nominated visa), etc. See below all visa categories of Australia PR
• Select an Occupation from SOL: Once the relevant visa is chosen, you need to select an occupation from the skilled occupation list (SOL). If you are applying for non-sponsored, visa (i.e. subclass 189 visa), you need to choose the occupation from the SOL of Australia, whereas, if you are applying for any state nominated visa (i.e. subclass 190 visa), you need to choose combined list of eligible skilled occupation of that particular Australian state.
• Apply in point based system: Once all the above things are done, it’s time to apply in the point based system of Australia. You need to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in the online SkillSelect system of Australia mentioning your key profile details, i.e. age, education, work experience, language ability, etc. You will be given points for each of your profile factor. Your collective score must be at least 65 points to apply through the system. However, higher point score will certainly boost your chances of securing invitation to apply for visa.
• Health and Character Requirements: You must meet the health and character requirements, i.e. you need to be medically fit and morally good in character. You would require providing relevant certifications as well, after going through the medical examination and character verification process.
Australia Working Visa
In order to live and work in Australia on the temporary or permanent basis, you would require applying for an appropriate Work Visa in Australia. It can be chiefly divided into two categories, i.e.
Skilled Migration Visa: These types of visa have been designed for the foreign skilled workers who meet the other required criteria and having the skills needed by the Australian labour market.
Nominated/Sponsored Work Visas: These particular categories of visa are for the individuals who are meet the other required criteria and sponsored or nominated by:
• A recognized Australian Employer
• A Territory or State Authority
• A government Agency of a State or Territory
Benefits of Australian Immigration:There are a lot of benefits of Australian immigration as this country is rich in culture. In recent years, the ratio of immigration to Australia is comparatively high as more people want to live and settle in Australia, because of its large number of attractions. The benefits of Australian Immigration are given below:-
Well mannered people: People of the Australia are well-mannered and polite. They are very friendly and never hesitate in helping others. They accept the people from their heart who migrate to the Australia from other countries. Such behavior of the Australians encourages other to migrate and live a better life in Australia. The people who migrate to Australia usually belong to the United Kingdom and other European countries. The Australians likes various sports including cricket, hockey, swimming, rugby, tennis or soccer.
Such behavior of the Australians encourages other to migrate and live a better life in Australia. The people who migrate to Australia usually belongs to the United Kingdom and other European countries. The Australians likes various sports including cricket, hockey, swimming, rugby, tennis or soccer.
One of the benefits of Australian immigration is that there are many natural and beautiful scenes in Australia. They attract the people of other countries to come to Australia. There are a large number of the parks, beaches and other beautiful scenes that cause the people to migrate to the Australia. In these parks, you can see some rare species that are not available anywhere else. Therefore, Australia provides you a perfect living environment where you can enjoy your life in a better manner.
There are a large number of the parks, beaches and other beautiful scenes that cause the people to migrate to the Australia. In these parks, you can see some rare species that are not available anywhere else. Therefore, Australia provides you a perfect living environment where you can enjoy your life in a better manner.
The people who migrate to the Australia will be given the best medical treatment as the doctors of the Australia are very experienced, able and well qualified. The Government of the Australia provides free medical treatment (in some cases) to the immigrants if they suffer from a disease that they can also get.
The Government of the Australia provides free medical treatment (in some cases) to the immigrants if they suffer from a disease. They can also get the free check up by the specialist doctors of the Australia.
This benefit of the Australian immigration mostly caused the people to immigrate to the Australia because people like to live somewhere they feel safe and secure. They like to live in a country where the government provides enough facilities in return to their taxes.
Opportunities of professions:
In Australia, many people who had different skills are given various profession opportunities. Teachers, doctors, engineers, accountants have great scope in the Australia. The people who migrate to the Australia have many ways to earn the money and they can easily settle there. It is estimated that about eight immigrants out of ten get the good jobs with high income in Australia within a small period of time.
The most common intention of people while moving to Australia is to get a good job, which is rewarding in terms of the both wealth and fame. Australia is also best for those who want to start some sort of business in a foreign country.
Australian government helps you in spreading your business if you have legal intentions. From Australia, your business will get much better as compared to the other countries.
Good environment for children:
The Australia provides the good environment for children to grow and live. It has been proved that the Australia is the 2nd best place to live in the Australia for the children.
The benefits of the immigration to the Australia are that they can make their children well mannered by the environment of the Australia. The children of the immigrants can enjoy the best health care and education.
The benefits of the Australian immigration are that immigrants can get the permanent visa that allows them to live in the Australia for an indefinite time. Then you will become the permanent resident of the Australia.
Once you get the permanent visa then you can easily travel from Australia to any country and then back to Australia. First, you will be given a visa for the time of the five years then you have to apply again for the permanent visa.
Easy rules for immigration:
There are very easy and simple rules for immigration to Australia. The arrangements of the government of the Australia at the entry of immigrants to the Australia are also impressive as compared to the other countries. So many people want to immigrate to Australia as there are a lot of benefits of Australian Immigration.
The biggest reason for which almost everyone is trying to immigrate to Australia is that it has a good and high living standard. The houses of this country are very beautiful and pretty as well as affordable as compare to the other countries in the world. The schools, vehicles, dresses and hospitals show the high living standard of the country.
The immigrants can travel in Australia very easily. They can also eat such food that they want as there are many restaurants in Australia with a large number of choices. It has a very low crime rate as compared to other countries.
Also, there are many branches of world famous restaurants and pizza huts. So immigrants can easily enjoy the foreign foods.