Y O U R   C A R E E R   P A R T N E R
Digital marketing, the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media, differs from traditional marketing in that it uses multiple channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time. Digital marketing is a broad term that encapsulates all marketing channels and methods you can use to promote products or services on the Internet but also on electronic devices such as TVs, mobile phones and electronic billboards. The main difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing is that digital marketing campaigns are executed exclusively through digital channels and this gives marketers more control, tools and data to analyze the effectiveness of a campaign.
Why digital marketing is important?
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information any time and any place they want it. Gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or services came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
What is the significance of Digital Marketing Course?
Businesses and recruiters prefer marketing professionals with genuine knowledge, skills and experience verified by a certification that is accepted across industries. Continuous learning for any working professional is not only important for keeping themselves up to date with the current market trends, but it also helps them expand their array of skill set and become more flexible in the workplace. This digital marketing course will not only help learners stand out and polish their existing skillset in the marketing domain, but it will also help them take that necessary leap to bigger and more ambitious roles.
Digital Marketing as a Career
Before digital marketing became mainstream, freelancers and entrepreneurs were able to get the first mover advantage. People who did good content marketing and search engine marketing were able to scale up the business very fast. Traditional companies did not even know what digital marketing was.
Everyday more companies are waking up to the fact that digital marketing is very important and is not an optional strategy in marketing anymore. They are catching up late, but they have to catchup, there is no other option.
This shift in marketing practice is giving rise to a huge opportunity in digital marketing jobs. Times of India had reported that Digital Marketing will create 1.5 Lakh jobs in India by 2016.
Here’s a list of the various digital marketing positions available for those seeking a career in this arena:
• Digital Marketing Manager
• Content Marketing Manager
• Content Writers
• Inbound Marketing Manager
• Social Media Marketing Experts/Specialists
• Search Engine Marketers
• SEO Executives
• Conversion Rate Optimizer
• Copy Writers
Digital marketing channels
Digital marketing has a number of channels and these can be separated into online marketing channels and offline marketing channels. The main difference between the two is that online marketing channels are based solely on the Internet while offline marketing channels have to do with digital devices which are not necessarily connected to the Internet.Online marketing Channels
• Website Marketing
• Search Engine Optimization
• Pay-Per-Click Advertising
• Content Marketing
• Email Marketing
• Social Media Marketing
• Affiliate Marketing
• Inbound Marketing
• Mobile Marketing
• Video Marketing
Offline marketing channels
• TV Marketing
• SMS Marketing
• Radio Marketing
• Billboard Marketing
The 5Ds of digital marketing
To understand the importance of digital marketing to the future of marketing in any business, it’s helpful to think about what audience interactions we need to understand and manage. Digital marketing today is about many more types of audience interaction than website or email. The 5Ds define the opportunities for consumers to interact with brands and for businesses to reach and learn from their audiences in different ways:
1. Digital devices – Audiences experience brands as they interact with business websites and mobile apps typically through a combination of connected devices including smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, TVs and gaming devices.
2. Digital platforms – Most interactions on these devices are through a browser or apps from the major platforms or services, that’s Facebook (and Instagram), Google (and YouTube), Twitter and LinkedIn.
3. Digital media – Different paid, owned and earned communications channels for reaching and engaging audiences including advertising, email and messaging, search engines and social networks.
4. Digital data – The insight businesses collect about their audience profiles and their interactions with businesses, which now needs to be protected by law in most countries.
5. Digital technology – The marketing technology or martech stack that businesses use to create interactive experiences from websites and mobile apps to in-store kiosks and email campaigns.
So, digital marketing is about utilizing digital technology to achieve marketing objectives. There is no essential need for digital marketing to always be separate from the marketing department as a whole, as the objectives of both are the same. However, for now, it remains a useful term because digital marketing requires a certain skill set to utilize the digital technology effectively.